Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Comfort Food for Sickies and Everyone

The Story:

We've been sick.

It kind of sucked.

Actually, it still pretty much sucks.

Sometimes you just need chicken noodle soup, or macaroni and cheese with hot dogs.  Chicken noodle soup actually has healing properties.  I can't explain it, it's just magic.  This is not one of those blogs where I'm going to tell you how to make easy gourmet chicken noodle soup, or a killer from-scratch macaroni.  No way.  Today I am going to recommend that you go out and spend 50 cents on some condensed chicken noodle or Kraft mac and cheese (it says it's the cheesiest, how can you go wrong?).  And then I'm going to recommend that you heat that up, snuggle under a blanket on the couch, and consume your salty prepackaged food while watching "The Emperor's New Groove" or something and watching the leaves fall outside your window.

Hope you have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been sick!
    We've had a round of colds going thru our house too.
    Love your recipes and how you present them with stories too!
    Thanks for popping by my lil blog n sayin Hi!
    hugs to Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sistah frien'! Sounds like a perfect plan. Get well soon if you aren't already! Sorry you're feeling blech:0(

    ReplyDelete