The Story:
I'm sorry I haven't been posting!!! I'm not even going to try to explain away the lack of recipes or justify why I haven't been posting.
But here's something I plan on making for Thursday, the most bestest holiday besides Christmas! I've never made it myself, but I've eaten the same recipe and I can't wait. Although, I won't be adding the pecans, sadly, because Matt's not havin' any and Matt havin' some is more important than nuts. Have I mentioned what a fabulous husband I have lately?
The Recipe:
Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes (from Mom)
2 cups chopped pretzels (I'm going to use one of those hand whopp-o-chop-os)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup melted butter, divided
1 can (2 1/2 lb.) drained sweet potatoes or yams
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Doesn't that sound amazing?! It is!
In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the sweet potatoes. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, and remaining butter. Mix well. Spoon into a greased, shallow 2-quart baking dish (I'm doubling the recipe and using a 9"x13", but an 8"x8" dish will work for one); sprinkle with pretzel mixture. Bake uncovered at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
The Verdict:
Try it. I'm not kidding.
But if you double the recipe, don't double the topping, because it will be several inches thick and won't even fit in the pan. Srsly.
No comments:
Post a Comment