Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Music is Food for the Spirit

The Story:

I just ran across this because I was putting off doing a research paper had some things I needed to do online on my day off.  It makes me want to sit in the rocking chair on my front porch with a glass of lemonade.  Unfortunately, I don't have a rocking chair or a front porch.  I guess I could, I don't know, squat on my front stoop with a glass of cider or something.  Anyway, take a listen.  If you don't like it, then you haven't lost anything.  But I'm pretty sure you'll like it.



The Recipe:

http://thelowerlights.bandcamp.com/album/the-lower-lights-a-hymn-revival

I wish I knew how to make lemonade.  If I did, I would put the recipe right here.  How about this one instead, since you might have only a stoop, too?

Sparkling Raspberry Lemon Spritzer

1 pint fresh (or frozen thawed) raspberries
1 cup lemonade
3 tablespoons honey
8 cups sparkling water
4 mint leaves

Toss the raspberries, lemonade, and honey in a blender and blend on high speed for a minute. Pour this juice into four tall glasses.  Top with sparkling water and stir gently to combine.  Add mint leaves for garnish.



The Verdict:

I haven't made the Spritzer.  But when I get a porch, I'll try it and let you know (on second thought, it might not be a stoop sort of drink).

I wish they had a demo of "If You Could Hie to Kolob" on the Lower Lights site.  Pretty good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment