Sigh! Some weekends are harder than others. This one was hard, so having a simple new recipe to try helped a lot.
The Recipe:
Creamy Baked Chicken (a family recipe)
4 chicken breasts, halved
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup heavy cream
Season chicken with spices. Place chicken in
Served with steamed rice and asparagus (using the steamer tray with the rice cooker, finally!).
(Note to self: rice cooks about 20 minutes. I put an extra 1/2 cup water in, and when it had cooked for about 15 minutes I added the asparagus, garlic salt, and lemon pepper on top.)
The chicken was too dry, but Matt said it wasn't. (I married that man for so many reasons. This is one of them.) The sauce was ridiculously good, although maybe that's because it was a stressful weekend. Or maybe that was because it was made with a cup of heavy cream. Either way the sauce on top of the rice was my favorite. The asparagus wasn't done enough. There was plenty for leftovers, and I noticed that, after microwaving the asparagus, it was soft, and asparagus-y, and really good with the rice and sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment