The Story:
I'm not really much of a fish person. In fact, I spent many of my teenage years trying desparately to convince my mom that I hated tuna and always had. Seriously. And salmon? Yuck! But for some reason that I'm still trying to figure out, I decided to try cooking fish.
I found a yummy-looking recipe that I wanted to try and I made up my grocery list, and... well... let's put it this way: some of the things on my list were not exactly purchased. That's okay. I like to modify. Here's what happened.
The Recipe:
Mustard-Crusted Tilapia and Green Beans
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (1/2-inch thick)
3 tablespoons horseradish mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons lime juice
salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
12 ounces fresh green beans
Mix mustard, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Set aside 2/3 of mayonnaise mixture.
Grease 9"x13" baking dish. Place fish in pan. Sprinkle with salt. Spread 1/3 of mayonnaise mixture evenly over fish, then sprinkle with about 3/4 cup of bread crumbs. Drizzle butter over all. Bake at 450° F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
While fish cooks, wash green beans and chop off the ends. Boil in enough water to cover them, salt and garlic for about 10 minutes (just tender). Drain. Some of the garlic bits should stick to the beans, creating happy little bursts of flavor and color.
Remove fish from baking dish. Toss beans in drippings from fish pan and remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
Serve all with remaining mayonnaise.
The Verdict:
Holy moley! This might be one of my favorite things I ever made. It's not messy, it's not complicated, it doesn't require every dish, spoon, cutting board, plate in the house. It's pretty quick. And I LOVED it! It was ridiculously delicious! I completely corrupted the original recipe but what a serendipitous corruption. Matt liked it, too. And it was FISH!
Seriously. Try this.

Hahaha, "Happy little bursts" I love it! That sounds delicious! And better still I have tilapia on the menu this week already! Huzzah!!! I'm makin' this!(0: ...well...as close as I can get with what I have in my kitchen, lol(0:
ReplyDelete