Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No Place Like Home for the Holidays

The Story:

My fabulous cousin Lori knows how to do just about everything.  And she blogs about it all.  She has been asking for a while now to see pictures of my house.  Unfortunately, I can't do everything, like decorating, and taking good pictures.  But I feel better about my Christmas decorating skills than about some others, and so, Lori, my dear: your wish is granted.  Sorry it has taken one million years.



Our tour begins at the front door.

Moving to the right, we have the hallway. We'll come back here later.


Stockings for Matt, me, our moms, and baby Peanut.  And we're not sure what's with the giant mirror.  It's kinda weird.


Dining room


Kitchen

To the right of the dining room, back in the living room.

The coffee table was an anniversary present from us to us. (Pay no attention to the clutter in the corner.)

And Peanut's first Christmas present--a carseat with two bases!


On the coffee table.
 Some mismatched antique dishes, Christmas balls, treatsies, and a special Santa mug of Matt's Grandpa's.


The monster couch.  I don't know what's wrong with my flash, but I think I need to take the ol' camera to be repaired.

Back to the hallway.  We're going to skip the guest bedroom/office.  I promise, you're not missing anything.  Maybe we'll take picures when it becomes a nursery.

Our bedroom.


And the bathroom.

I hung that towel rod by myself, by the way.

This is actually nicer than it looks.  It was totally remodeled before we moved in.  I like the shower tile best!

2 comments:

  1. Everything is soooo cute! I'm really impressed! I love the color; did y'all paint it? I keep forgetting; are you in a house or apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, all the great colors were already there! And it is a house. Thanks and I wish you could be here!!! Your parents came by yesterday, which was really nice.

    ReplyDelete