Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Simple, Please

The Story:

This weekend, Dieter F. Uchtdorf (learn more by clicking here or here) spoke about simplifying the way we live our lives.  We trap ourselves into our rabid schedules, filling every second with something.  Not only is this behavior exhausting, it is destructive.  He told us we need to take time to spend with God, with our families,  with other people, and with ourselves.  In that spirit, and working off this guide, I concocted a recipe to help me live a more simplified life.


The Recipe:

A Simpler Life
more quiet, less noise
more husband, less hurry
more books, less internet and fewer movies
more walking, less sitting
more faith, less doubt
more natural, less frill (processed foods, mascara)
more home with friends, less running around
more listening, less talking
more loving, less judging
more giving, less buying
more to the point, fewer details
more life, fewer things
more loving, less stressing
more breathing, enjoying, smiling



The Verdict:

I'll have to let you know.  But I am taking some time off.  I hope to collect some recipes, and pictures, and love that I will share.  In the meantime, let me know what your Simpler Life recipe would include.  I'd love to hear it.  Tell me your story.  I want to know.


And, because I've been skimping on pictures lately, the ones here are a preview of what's coming for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment