Reading recipes is more fun if you have a sense of humor. And a couple sticks of butter.
Friday, December 2, 2011
The Story:
I used to never have cormeal in my house. I'm not sure what that was about. I guess it was cause I never cooked. Do you keep cornmeal in your house? Did you know it's great for stopping sugar ants if they get indoors? Those babies will never come back. And despite Matt "hating" corn (remember this?), he generously allows me to keep cornmeal in the house now that I cook, and even eats it, without a word against it. He's pretty awesome!
The Recipe:
Crispy Delicious Chicken
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
garlic salt
lime juice
lemon juice
olive oil
water
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
scant tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place chicken in bowl, sprinkle generously with garlic salt. Add lime and lemon juice as desired, maybe 1/3 cup of both/either. Douse with about 2 tablespoons olive oil, and enough water to cover. Cover dish and refrigerate 3 or more hours.
In large resealable plastic bag, mix flour, cornmeal, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, seal bag, and shake to coat chicken. Repeat until all chicken has been coated. Place chicken in a large skillet with three or four tablespoons of preheated oil, and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes (until slightly firm and no longer pink), turning once.
Serve with tomatillo salsa.
The Verdict:
Holy beautiful food, Batman! It is softy-tender on the inside and crispy-spicy on the outside. Plus, have you ever eaten tomatillo salsa? That stuff is pretty much the nectar of the gods!! Please try this. You'll be glad you did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yup, there's cornmeal in the cabinets. And your recipe looks yummy! I'll let ya know when I make it for the yahoos!
ReplyDelete