The Story:
I was talking with a dear friend recently. Turns out she's secretly pregnant too. So we had fun talking about being pregnant and it came up that we wished people would talk about the crazy things no one ever talks about. She said, "There's a lot of things no one ever tells you!" Then she told me some crazy experiences she and her relatives unexpectedly had while pregnant. Wow! Also, a professor at my work talked with me recently about how he and his newly-pregnant wife were calling the doctor every day or so, thinking, "Could this really be normal?" Because, guess what! No one ever told them these things happen all the time.
I wish people would tell you things, don't you? Knowledge, they say, is power.
So, you probably already know how to make Chicken Cordon Bleu. But I'm going to tell you how anyway, because I don't want you coming back to me later and telling me that I never told you this information. Here's how.
The Recipe:
Chicken Cordon Bleu
skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs (about five)
cooked ham (I don't know, maybe a 1 ounce chunk per chicken peice)
Swiss cheese slices (same number as chicken peices), quartered
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
salt
lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
any other spices you think are appropriate
olive oil
Pound the chicken flat with a meat hammer thingie. On each peice of chicken, place one chunk of ham and two quarter peices of Swiss cheese, then wrap the chicken around ham and cheese, trying to cover the insides as much as possible.
Beat egg in shallow dish. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and spices. Dip each chicken roll in egg, then in crumbs, trying to seal all holes.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in nonstick skillet. Fry chicken peices in skillet, turning to brown and cook through. Some cheese will probably leak out, but it's okay, it usually stays nearby. Finally, top each peice with remaining cheese quarters, allowing to melt before serving.
The Verdict:
Quite tasty! If you don't like Swiss cheese, you can also use mozzarella, provolone, etc.
So, did you know how to make this already?
I did not. And I love it. Thanks, Alissa!
ReplyDelete